Meta-topolin [6-(3-hydroxybenzylamino)purine] is an aromatic cytokinin. It was first isolated from poplar leaves. Its name is derived from “topol”, the Czech word for poplar. The metabolism of meta-topolin is similar to that of other cytokinins. Just as zeatin and BAP, meta-topolin may undergo ribosylation at position 9 without a significant effect on the activity.The shoot production in media with BAP and meta-topolin is very similar, however, after transfer of the seedlings to soil, the shoots produced with meta-topolin produce better roots.
Uses & Benefits:
1) Promoting growth, increasing yield, improving quality.
2) Increasing the percentage of fruit setting, promoting fruit’s enlarging.
3) Improving the ability of cold resistance and drought resistance.
4) Improving the ability of disease resistance.
5) Regulating differentiation in issue culture.
6) Efficiently relieve harmful effect of pesticide, fungicides, herbcides.
7) Increasing activity and energy of seeds and germination percentage.
8) Effectively prolong the duration time of natural preservation and transportation of fruits, vegetables and flowes when applied 5-10days before harvest.